Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mains power for meade ETX 70

can anyone help me with what should be a very simple question? i'm planning on running my ETX 70 off the mains but just wondering what is the recommended or maximum current the mains adapter chucks out? i know it obviously needs to provide 9v but because batteries have different current outputs. i have plenty of old DC adapters i just don't want to plug 1 in only to find i've pushed to much current through the scope and burnt the electronics and/or motors.

many thanks

The DC power requirements for any mount are the other way round. The psu needs to capable of delivering at least the minimum the mount requires. If the psu has an output greater than that it will be OK. The only requirements for a psu are that the output is regulated, the correct voltage and has at least the minimum amps output the mount requires and the right size plug with the correct polarity.

Peter

Archived