Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Jupiter

StuW

Hi all,

I've just got around to processing my first video's of Jupiter taken on the 1st Dec. It took me a while to get my head around Registax, but thanks to a few video's on You-tube and reading through the embarrassing Jupiters thread I've come up with the following...

attachment.php?attachmentid=74949&stc=1&d=1323438920

Taken with ..

Skywatcher 200p DS

HEQ5

Baader Zoom Clickstop Mk3

Hand Held to Eyepiece Canon HF-M306

Processed with Registax 6 and Photoshop CS5.1 after converting and resizing of video in Prism Video Converter (original vid was taken as 1920x1080 50fps)

I've just ordered the T2 adapter ring and a 37mm->42mm ring for the camera so keep tuned :)

post-21210-133877703549_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ben,

It took some serious processing to drag the detail out of the video, what with the converting from HD MTS to uncompressed AVI and working out what Registax would accept!. I tried to use AVIStack, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get any format/codec to load up...

Stu

Thanks Ben,

It took some serious processing to drag the detail out of the video, what with the converting from HD MTS to uncompressed AVI and working out what Registax would accept!. I tried to use AVIStack, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get any format/codec to load up...

Stu

Hi Stu have you tried using a webcam to capture the avi files?

Hi Ben,

I have an old Logitech Create and Share webcam that I'm in the process of finding a "container" for. I've tried it with Sharpcap an it works well, just need a clear night to try it.

Stu

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Hi Ben,

I have an old Logitech Create and Share webcam that I'm in the process of finding a "container" for. I've tried it with Sharpcap an it works well, just need a clear night to try it.

Stu

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

You will see great results with the webcam, a lot of people are using the philips spc 880, i have had some good results with it.They are availible from morgan computers,

Buy Cheap Astronomy at Morgan Computers

regards

Ben

Archived