NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

webcam imaging

I am going to have another go at Jupiter tonight. The last time I set the frame rate quite high but have since read that a fairly slow frame rate, slow shutter speed and low gain is best for detail. Is this what you all do?

I also use a 2x barlow and resize (x400%) in photoshop. Would it be worth trying the 4x barlow I have, or am I better off resizing in photoshop?

I still have some strange issues with registax. I have noticed that when I load avi with lots of frames (over 1000) and I scroll through the frames to pick out the best guide frame it just sticks on the first frame. With a low frame count, when I scroll through I can see the frame changing in the image box and pick the best as my reference. The result is that the final image where it wont scroll through the frames is it stacks all of them and doesn't align so the image is just a blur. Strrange.

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer. hopefully I will know what I am doing by the time I get on to Saturn:D

Hi ,i have had the same problem.Some stacks work,some dont.

I use Astro capture, with a web cam.I think it could be that the image is moving to much when its taken.I managed to get this of the moon.This was steady when i took it . I had the same problem with the others that you had.So it is not you.Just keep trying i suppose.

Steve.

post-14488-133877703545_thumb.jpg

Archived