Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So.....Where's Keppler 22b then?

sulaco

There's quite rightly a lot of excitement about the discovery of Keppler 22b and the zone in which it lives, but all the reports I've read fail to give any further inication to it's position other than in it's in either Cygnus or Lyra where keppler is looking.

Don't get me wrong, with a SW130p I've no intention of hunting out our new neighbour but it would be interesting to know where it sits in relation to known places.

National geographic once used a good spacial diagram with the Milky way based on a grid plane and segmented into 100'000 ly units with various objects positioned above or below the plane and at approx distances.

Has anyone found anything else on this?

There's quite rightly a lot of excitement about the discovery of Keppler 22b and the zone in which it lives, but all the reports I've read fail to give any further inication to it's position other than in it's in either Cygnus or Lyra where keppler is looking.

Precise coordinates, if you want to plot it in stellarium or something, are;

19h16m52s +47:53:04

The star is magnitude 11.6, so probably visible with a 130p from a darkish site.

Archived