Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 in a Row

Kai

Yeah, the seeing was pants at best last night. During my brief session last night, flicking through objects on the handset and Pluto came up. 'I'll give it a crack, you never know' I thought, and lo and behold the scope ends up pointing at the fence :sign3:.

Got my first gimpse at the dumbell though, smudgetastic!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the seeing was pants at best last night. During my brief session last night, flicking through objects on the handset and Pluto came up. 'I'll give it a crack, you never know' I thought, and lo and behold the scope ends up pointing at the fence :sign3:.

Got my first gimpse at the dumbell though, smudgetastic!!

I like the Dumbbell. I think it looks more like a Grecian planter, but taht's just me.

• 2 weeks later...

Pluto! Not sure what the chances of seeing that are, I would reckon that I've got no chance.

Pluto is unremarkable at best. You need to see it once, then again a day or more later, after having memorized the star field around it. (Really, really good charts help.) You will not see it in anything less than an 8" I'd guess, (I've seen it in my C8 under AZ skies at ~12% humidity), but I doubt you'd see it across the pond in something that small. The best part is saying you've seen it, not actually seeing it. :?

Archived