Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot

hes not well again

I can empathise :)

From an early age, I've always enjoyed taking time and just looking at stuff, whether it be sitting on a grassy hill and looking at the view, or watching the stars move slowly across the sky. Always felt 'connected'.

When I took up whitewater kayaking, it meant being very aware of situations that could kill me and trying to avoid getting into them - hard enough when on a narrow steep river in Wales in the depths of February trying to avoid the undercut rocks and having to make that little quiet pool above the fall of death...

I got to see deep into two sides of the world - the manic side of whitewater with its own brutal beauty of fast moving nature, and the serenity of the celestial sphere with a slower moving majesty.

For me, I feel quite similar about both of these aspects of life - I've very aware of my own little part to play in the greater scheme of things, trying to better myself and to better my surroundings to benefit those that will follow me. I love the feeling that there is so much more out there, so much space between my eye and whatever I am looking at, and that I can comprehend the vastness in time and space.

I feel I've earned a different viewpoint, and I'm a lot less stressed than I think I would have been had I not looked up as often as I have. Looking up calms me, and I learn to not worry so much about the day to day pressures that I have.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived