Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First shot of the moon

singlespeedman

I am trying to learn imaging so have started with the moon this evening. Taken with a canon eos 350 on a 1/4 of a second exposure with no processing as yet. I am pretty happy and hoping the cloud cover shifts so I can get a few more show in and do a bit of imaging with the webcam and jupiter

6448092753_ca036d0052_b.jpg

A good start to your Imaging. The moon is a great subject, and offers some challenges with the change of Phases throughout a month.

The moon can take colour to an extent, and some fine examples of that can be seen in the Lunar Imaging section.

I've converted your image to greyscale for a comparison, I hope you don't ming me tampering.

Good luck on your progress :).

Ron.

post-13213-133877701575_thumb.jpg

now that actually looks a little clearer. Just waiting for the curry to arrive and then off to hit Jupiter now the clouds are lifting. I am trying to do the moon and jupiter with the webcam and keep the 350d to the stars tonight. All a bit of experimenting around tonight but I cannot wait to get my first galaxy and nebula too. Tomorrow will see me tinkering in photoshop to see what the final results will be.

Archived