Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cassiopeia/Cygnus

Not really much in here and my first photos of the stars...gotta work on focus and just cleaned my camera tonight.

Camera: Sony a300

Cygnus: 15 x 20" exp ~35mm f5.6

Cassiopeia: 16 x 20" ~35mm f5.6

Hope I got the information right there lol all new to me...got a few ideas for focus tonight gonna try my luck at M42 at 70mm.

If for some crazy reason you want the larger file to mess with I can host it on my home server for you.

BTW all I did PS wise was a duplicate layer on multiply @ 5% opacity nothing special. Haze might have been from my old camera I am cleaning due to rock climbing adventures but I did shoot both of these because they were in the rift and was trying to capture it a bit...need more exposures I think.

hi there have you tried 30secs,iso800,f3.5, turn the zoom all the way to the right i use the kit lens 18/55mm, turned all the way to the right gives me 18 mm and will give me the most light pos give it a go did you add darks flatts ect ?

ps have a look at this blog i did a while ago

http://stargazerslounge.com/blogs/todd8137/1071-barndoor-tracker-finished.html

I might try 30 seconds, but wouldn't that create star trails then...how long does it take for that to take effect? I did reprocess these images in PS once more after some more tweaking and there was a lot more data in there than what is seen here. I did use darks for these photos but was still messing around with getting whites done properly...flats should be what same iso and exposure time or just white bright photos? Thanks for the blog post I will def take a look at it and continue to experiemnt before I spend my crazy monies for a good ccd :)

Archived