NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 - Entropy

Hi

After reading the post http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/162017-start-orion.html

I thought I would give this method a go, so i have my stack of 40 images at 15,30,60,90,150 secs but as you can see when stacked the core has virtually gone all ready, so frustrating. Ive done no processing on this image its straight from DSS, the minute i start anything it gets so bright ?

If anyone fancys a go at process please be my guest, oh and any tips on stacking using Entropy would be appreciated.

Regards

John B

post-17074-133877699619_thumb.jpg

Did you stack all subs with different exposure lengts in one go in DSS?

They shuold be stacked and processed seperatly, then added together into one pic not to have a blown core, and also to get out the most faint parts. At least that's what i've always been tought and have done.

Edit: on teh other hand, after taking a very quick look on the curves and levels in PS on your pic, it doesn't look like the core is really blown? Just very bright, but very much could be restored by just dimming it down and adjust the curves a little it seemd.

Unfortunally i don't have much experience with that stacking method at least, but after a little adjustments in PS, it seems you really got a lot of details in both teh core and teh fain areas. Might be something i've missed here, i'll look futher into it as well. Would save me a lot of work if i didn't have to stack it all seperatly and add in layers, lol.

Hope someone else with experience in that will come and help you out.

But when that's said, great image you got there, and lots of details in it, even in the compressed jpg. Can't wait to see your final result at this one...! :icon_confused:

Archived