NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eye relief.

I take my glasses off when using a telescope but have long eye relief bins so that I can use them with glasses on. I need to wear my glasses to see even the brightest stars and it is impossible spot my target with glasses, remove glasses, guess where I was looking, point with bins, get lost, glasses back on, oh over there, glasses off, bins, no, nothing, oh bother...

I think the point of bins is that you can look up at the sky and grab the bins for a closer look. Having to pull of my glasses would ruin the experience for me.

I see. I'm similar--blind! I sometimes use bins with glasses and sometimes not. I use Vixen Foresta binos, which have 20 mm of eye relief. You genuinely can use them with glasses on. The eye cups work well too. Nice wide field of view.

I would recommend trying before you buy, if you can. Suppliers eye relief figures do not seem to me to give the whole story.

Exactly. I,ve looked through some Olympus 7x35s.

Eye relief is quoted as only 12mm, yet I can get the full view with specs on

Archived