NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at LRGB Jupiter

Earl

Having to manually change filters was such a pleasurable task....

Then having to work out how to combine the data in PS.

Well here it is it could be worse, and hopefully will get much better.

The Moon is Europa which was picked up in the Luminance layer

post-19346-133877698968_thumb.jpg

Hopefully the powermate will arrive this week and that will help things I should get images the size of the large one.

Focusing is a pain the standard focuser is very bad for fine adjustments, but im waiting on the feathertouch to arrive from the US, that might be a few weeks.

Im pondering getting a manual filterwheel for this also, there are a lot of things i can do to improve things so ill be interested to see where i can go with it.

Great start :icon_confused: I'd definitely go for the manual filter wheel, cheap one will probably set you back £60 S/H?

With the focal length boost from the Powermate, I fear you will loose the target each time you change the filter by hand ...

Great start :icon_confused: I'd definitely go for the manual filter wheel, cheap one will probably set you back £60 S/H?

With the focal length boost from the Powermate, I fear you will loose the target each time you change the filter by hand ...

That will be an issue, ill have to be very gentle

Archived