Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RGB dark frames

Hi all

I have recently moved over to ccd imaging with a atik 314l+ and Last night i was capturing my first rgb data on ngc281 (pacman nebula) then the fog rolled in. but i had actually captured the R and G binned 2x2. so today i thought i would collect some dark frames in readiness for the final data. so my question is this . do i need to bin the darks 2x2 the same as the RGB data or do i resize the RGB data and take the darks as bin 1x1 then align and combine.hope this isnt a silly question:icon_scratch:

ATB martyn

Personally I don't bother with darks. The Sony 285 chip in the Atik is so 'quiet' I find it unecessary. I just subtract the bias.

However, in answer to your question, I would imagine that you would 2x2 bin the darks.

Steve

Hi steve

It does seem a lot of people echo what you say about the sony 285 chip. if i can get away with no darks it would save a lot of time (hassle) I did actually capture my darks binned 2x2 so i will align and combine both with the darks and without, and see what seems the best outcome. thanks for your reply

ATB martyn

Archived