Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

80 pence Barn door tracker (ghetto style)

todd8137

Barn door tracker

HI all thanks for take in a look,

well i started with idea to make one for ages but had not a pice that a needed to make it ,to the shed i went . i looked in a few boxes to find what may or may not work,finding a piece of old hoover pipe was the first thing i thought theirs the mount for the camera and so on,till i found everything apart from the bolt which i got from a diy place,i set to work

job done i set it up tested it ,reset it up tested tracked a few shots lens got dew on it so i came in the house left the camera in a plastic bag in the shed went out 20 mins later low thin cloud ect, i aimed the camera for for Lyra in the bottom right corner and took a 2 min sub as a massive cloud was drifting across here a short video of the mount and some of the pics i took

this is truly a back yard build

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/user/todd8137?feature=mhee

Hi there - interesting video - thanks. Shows what a bit of lateral thinking and invention can achieve! Ed

lol it should be "how not to make a barndoor tracker"

but for 1 hours work and the sheds junk box it works better than i could imagine

Archived