Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Butterfly nebula - reprocess

rocketandroll

Dues to the lack of clear skies here in the east the last few weeks I've been having a play with my Sadr/butterfly nebula data to see if I could get a smoother, but brighter image out of it.

I am fairly happy with the final result... star colour isn't too bad and, although it is possibly looking a little over-stretched now, there's a LOT of detail in the nebula coming out now.

As the original thread has dropped off the radar now, this was imaged back on Nov 1st and is 19 X 6minute subs taken with my modded Eos 500D through a WO meg72 with FF2 flattener reducer working at f4.8. Mount was a HEQ5-Pro guided with a Lodestar/ST80 and EQmod/PHD.

This is the first astro image I've printed out and hung on my wall... the fuzzy stars and halos aren't wonderful (due to it being shot on a very hazy/humid night) but it's a pretty image now in my opinion.

Colour wise... yes, it's quite orange... just seems that's the colour it wants to be, it resisted all efforts to alter the colour of the nebula so it'll have to stay organge and I'll have to assume that's kinda the colour it is! :-)

Cheers all

Ben

post-23494-133877694671_thumb.jpg

PS: No matter what I do the pic always looks 'fuzzy' when viewed on SGL? Maybe it's because it's re-sizing it? Anyway, full res version here:

Gamma-cyg-directsave01-mod09 copy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Archived