NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSLR at last!!

Finally went for it and remortgaged the house,car, wife and kids and bought a Canon Eos60D.

Now to buy the bits to connect to my Skywatcher explorer 150P

Can someone provide links and an idiots guide on how to connect everything please?

I've searched and read similar posts, but the more i read the more confused i get( don't make fun please!!) as to what exactly my set up will require.

Do i need a t ring only? a t ring AND T mount? how do they connect to my camera/scope?

sorry as i know this type of post crops up all the time, but i'm raring to get started!!

When i bought the scope (from FLO) it stated that it had direct slr connection, but i don't know!! what do i need to look for?

It came with what i thought was a 2" eyepeice adaptor, but coul dthis be the t-ring?

it looks like a tube section about 2" long and 2" wide with 3 thumbscrews around it. (at work so cant post a pic up!)

yep it is the focusser tube, if you look where you put your EPs.

Around the big tube that travels in and out when you focus and move the EP, There should be 2 or 3 finger bolts.

If you undo these the whole top tube of the focusser will come.

out.

around the edge ot the tube that is still attached to the scope you will see a thread, it is there where you camera is attached.

you will need the canon T ring, I think the end that actually attaches to the scope are a standard size.

Rgds

Scott

yep it is the focusser tube, if you look where you put your EPs.

Around the big tube that travels in and out when you focus and move the EP, There should be 2 or 3 finger bolts.

If you undo these the whole top tube of the focusser will come.

out.

around the edge ot the tube that is still attached to the scope you will see a thread, it is there where you camera is attached.

you will need the canon T ring, I think the end that actually attaches to the scope are a standard size.

Rgds

Scott

If you unscrew the bit where the 1.25" EPS go into (only the narrow barrel,) thats the t-thread that is exposed - unless SW have changed the design recently?

Thought it was a big hole:eek:.lol. That is the one part I did not unscrew Doh!!

See it now it has thread directly at the bottom of the tube with the EP in it, just unscrewed mine and had a look....that's better.

The big hole would be okay for" large format" Astrophotography!!

like the big Mamiya's or big Bladds

Cheers kh3

Rgds

Scott

Fitting my Nikon to a 2" focuser should be the same as the Cannon, the picture showing the 2" mount with the small extension and thumb screws, this should come apart unscrew the thumb screw bit from the 2" adapter, the Cannon T-Mount will screw into this then mount to the scope, my Nikon sits with about 1/4" on the focus tube showing.

Archived