CN16 GPS Accessory.

I've not had any experiance with it but from what I gather, it just supplies the handset with gps location, I.e. longtitude and latitude, but for a much smaller price you can buy a usb gps dongle that plugs into a laptop and will give you the reqiured location details, these can be bought for 20 pounds or less

All the CN16 will do for you is to set the location and time on the handset for you instead of you having to take a few seconds to enter this simple info manually when you turn on the mount.

To all intents and purposes it's now obsolete. A few years ago due to a lawsuit with Meade, Celestron had to make changes to the alignment system on their mounts and the only function of the CN16 that still works on current mounts is the GPS. The extra, and now unusable abilities of the CN16, are what made it so expensive. There are cheaper GPS units that will work with the Celestron mounts however.

John

Archived