Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wifi adaptor causing problem....maybe?

MG1

I thought I'd post up a little quirk I seem to have noticed whilst fiddling with various other things today.

I think somehow my laptop wifi card has been causing drop outs in connectivity to EQmod. I can't for the life of me work out why though and more importantly how to resolve it.

The symptoms were that everything was fine and then for no reason at all during a gamepad initiated slew I would loose control. Or at another point I had control of the gamepad buttons (could increase/decrease slew rate) but not the POV hat (couldn't slew).

I thought this might be the new wireless gamepad, but then the same happened when I went back to my old wired rumblepad. :D

After around four hours fiddling and being frustrated I realised that I had re-enabled my wifi as my inlaws now have wireless broadband (woo for the sticks!) and I was demonstrating the delights of iplayer to them.

Disabling the adaptor in network manager seems to do the trick....even though I don't know why.

Nothing is flagged in device manager so can't be a driver issue.

Any thoughts welcomed...or even if you've just had the same happen.

Strange eh!

Archived