Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The film imaging yard cannon is nearing readiness...

After a six-month hiatus, I've dragged out the 12" LX and have now fitted one of the William Optics 66mm Petzvals as guide scope. The new larger dew shield I made is felt-lined and seals around the OTA beautifully. The slight extra weight of the shield is good as it offsets the weight of the cameras and G/S. I'm still to fit the lower 2-D counterweight and also need to rotationally balance it around RA. The Dec motor on one fork, along with the GPS affect the balance so I need to occupy the battery recess on the other fork with around 1.25kg.

Should be out and about as soon as I can get GuideDog to run properly on the older (read: semi dew-dispensible) lappy. This will, hopefully, allow me to concentrate on the hard part - getting the Nikons to put proper images on film at last....

There goes the back again........

Cheers

Chris

P5070007.sized.jpg

P5070018.sized.jpg

LOL! Yes Gaz - it has two sets for the moment. I need the extra length in order to bring the ToUcam into focus - and haven't gotten around to just buying a 2" extension tube. The thread on the rear of these little scopes is an SCT thread, so I'm using my WO SCT 10:1 focusser until I buy a tube.

Cheers

Chris

Great looking setup Chris. Have you not done any digital imaging with the LX yet.? If no, then we have something in common. I have a 12" LX90, which I have been adding bits to. like an electric focuser. Equatorial wedge, GPS, RDF.Also a ED80, but was advised the LX90 would probably suffer under the extra load. Anyway, one day I hope to get to do something tangible instead of just playing around with it.

I like your plan to guide with the Toucam, and image with the SLR. Please keep us posted on the results, it will be of great interest to me, and no doubt others in the forum.

Thanks for your pics.

Ron. :)

Archived