NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Do these have a name?

bus_ter

Ah yes I have just googled them "The two Magellanic Clouds are irregular dwarf galaxies visible in the southern hemisphere, which are members of our Local Group and are orbiting our Milky Way galaxy."

Wow. I've heard of them, but I had no idea they were so massive and bright. They dominate the sky down here. Much much larger than say the Moon.

Oh and I'm just visiting down here. Otherwise I'm sure I would have noticed them a long time ago.

Imagine what we look like to them :D

Thats an interesting thought. I bet it looks amazing!

Lots of good looking things in those to image, i really like the tarantula nebula in the LMC.

Buster i had a quick play around with your image to enhance it (a bit). Maybe someone can spot what you are asking about:

P.S.~~~im not sure if my tinkering has improved your image or not. I just played with it because i had a feeling there was more detail in it then is showing. I bet the LMC's really are a sight to behold down there in the southern hemi.

post-18019-133877692768_thumb.jpg

Archived