NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMOD, GPS, CdC and PC time

malc-c

Just installed a GPS USB dongle on the telescope Pier in the Observatory. I've opened EQMOD and clicked on the GPS button and it synced with the following info... Can someone explain the difference between the GPS time and the LST - why is it showing 16:xx when its almost 13:00 hrs ? I use the internet to sync the PC time, which appears close enough (just a few seconds out).

Also, is it possible to get CdC to use the same GPS data so that way all the applications are in sync which should help reduce any descrepancies ?

post-23388-133877691579_thumb.png

Essentially LST is the Right Ascension an object would have to have to lie on the meridian.

EQASCOM will allow any ASCOM client to read its time and site details but CDC doesn't provide an option to do that. CDC does provide a socket interface which can be used to write the site coordinates so I suppose it would be possible for someone to write a little app to connect to EQASCOM, read the site coords and write them to CDC.

Chris.

CDC does provide a socket interface which can be used to write the site coordinates so I suppose it would be possible for someone to write a little app to connect to EQASCOM, read the site coords and write them to CDC.

Chris.

You volunteering Chris :D

Archived