Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Replacement Slow Motion Knobs for EQ3-2

I have a Skywatcher 150P on an EQ3-2 mount. I have to set the whole thing up from scratch each time I use it.

The slow motion controls are attached using a screw driver. This is a pain in the dark and cold so I have been looking for a replacement but can't find anything obvious.

I'd be happy to have knobs without the extension that I leave on the mount (I have long arms and a light touch) or just replacing the cross head screws with thumb screws would be good - but where can I find such things?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Hi klaatu - yep I'd agree with David, get motors for your EQ3-2 (at least an RA motor).

and a remote focus controller is good too -- with the eq3 (with a 150p attached) you get a lot of shake as soon as you touch the focus control

• 10 years later...
On 10/11/2011 at 10:19, klaatu said:

I have a Skywatcher 150P on an EQ3-2 mount. I have to set the whole thing up from scratch each time I use it.

The slow motion controls are attached using a screw driver. This is a pain in the dark and cold so I have been looking for a replacement but can't find anything obvious.

I'd be happy to have knobs without the extension that I leave on the mount (I have long arms and a light touch) or just replacing the cross head screws with thumb screws would be good - but where can I find such things?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Hi all, 

I realise that this is a decade old post, but my googling of this very problem last week led me here, so I thought I'd write down the answer for any future searchers. 

Those daft crosshead screws holding the slo mo controls on are M4 sized. I found a generic m4 thumbscrew that worked well. Although, if you're searching, 5mm would have been better than the 10mm I had - the RA one needed a quick introduction to the hacksaw to trim it to clear the clutch. 

M