NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

60d or 600d(t3i)

darkmyth

I have a 60D and would certainly recommend it. It's seen as more of a pro-sumer camera, the 600s is more entry level. Why they have this silly naming convention i don't know. The controls on the 60D look to be better laid out. The additional Wheel on the back is really handy. The button only approach of the 600 would frustrate me.

I'm guessing your looking to use either for astro, so it may well be worth checking the ease of modding to see if that has a baring on your choice.

I'm keeping my 60d for terrestrial photography for now, however when i upgrade im sure it will make a great astro camera. The massive articulated screen is great on the back of a scope, as you can see it what ever your pointing it at.

The 60D has a wonderful rear screen, it will come in handy when your focusing. The 60D has a very good fast frame rate.. that might interest you one day..

And importantly the second hand re sale will be better on the 60D..

For when astro imaging has broken the piggy bank ;)

Both very similar. The 60D is either equal or slightly better in all options.

Pros 60D: better fps, buffer size, extra controls, extra settings LCD, better ergonomics for average size hands.

Pros 600D: Lighter, smaller, better ergonomics for small hands.

Both cameras have the most handy things when photographing the sky, the tilting screen :)

I`ve got the 60D and its lightyears ahead of my older 350D but the smaller and lighter camera would maybe suit piggy backing on a telescope, and the newer 600D matches resolution and, i think, the high ISO level of 12,800 of the 60D

The 60D is a better camera for general photography but for astrophotography the lighter 600D might be a better buy

..... though if the weight isn`t an issue and they are similar price, the 60D is a better buy.

Archived