NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cartes du Ciel Vs Stellarium

Ive been looking to create a chart for the path of asteroid 2005 YU55. I started in Stellarium downloaded the asteroid and added it in. Great, at 2300 on Nov 8 its just peeping over the horizon in the east along with the moon smack bang between Cancer and Leo (which I believe is correct). I then did the same in Carte du Ciel. Its showing the moon high in the sky in Pisces and 2005 YU55 is in Aquila and just about to set. Have checked the long/lat and there both the same and even if slightly out would not make such a huge difference. Anyone any clue whats going on?

So it does, ran Stellarium again just now and seems to of sorted its self out putting the roid in Aquila also :). Trying to run the simulation of YU55 in CdC to make a plot just like that S&T chart but it wont do it. Plots all the other Asteroids in the area but not YU55. Anyone know what im doing wrong? Also how do I show just YU55's path? At the moment when I run the simulation it is showing the paths of all the asteroids in the sky. Appreciate any help, cheers

Archived