Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A terrible thought occured to me last night!

inspectapart

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to have a keen interest in Origami. But it sort of - folded in on itself...

Get your coat!!!

All right - just so long as it's neatly folded! :)

Actually, I tell no lies - I really did used to be fascinated by the art of creating a realistic model by purely folding a sheet of paper, no cutting, no glueing, no painting. (*ahem*) Here's one I prepared earlier (some years ago, actually). Quite a tricky little devil, this, lots of 'pointy bits'. All folded from a single square of paper.

(Did I mention in another thread which was one of my favourite constellations?)

Anyone else owning up?

post-14835-133877688982_thumb.jpg

For me personally, I can't think of many things that are more exciting than staring out into a universe that we know so little about, that is full of billions of galaxies containing billions of stars and planets!

How many planets are there out there with complex life? Each planet with its own complex history.

I now find it odd that I used to look up at stars at night and not think much about what is out there!

Each to their own, it's just great if you can find a hobby that you love!

An@l? Hmm.

Normal? Hmm,

I suppose I could watch all the soaps?

Jeremy Kyle and the like

Football? now thats normal?

Doesnt matter what hobbie(s) you persue, They will always cost a fortune, as soon as you start taking anything seriously, price of the kit goes up, no matter what it is.

She always knows where I am,

I hurt no one.

Geek?

Proud of it.

Skies are clear here, so I'm off to my Daughter, to show off the new scope and compair with her 114mm Helios.

PS. she is 24, has a boyfrend, likes to go out etc. and loves astronomy, go figure.

Couldn't you figure out a way to say that about anyone?

Just about everyone is a geek about something, showing some obsession with one thing or another. Those sport-lovers that claim to be "normal?" Sports geeks. :)

What's "normal" supposed to be anyway? Who decided that?

Archived