Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

focussing issues !

Hi Folks

I have been looking at the night sky for a good few years now on and off. I have however not done it with any real conviction...untill now that is !.

I over the last 2 months been lucky enough to purchase two excellent bargains. an as new 127 skymax with autotrack £190 and 150p -flocked 750mm F5 on eq3 for £160.

The 127 is awesome and mint, but the 150 had a lot more use (few scratches on the tube from the rings and small dent one tube).

I got some black gloss vinyl and have covered the scope (looks good) :headbang: cleaned the mirrors etc and collimated them too (1st time) all seems to be well maybe a few minor tweaks to get collimation perfect.

The thing is that the 10mm supplied eyepiece will not come to focus, there seems to be insufficient travel in the focusser :p

Being a novice on the tech side, i wondered if it may be down to the collimation? as I would not have thought they would be sold with eyepieces you can not focus :)

Please help loungers you my only hope :p

p.s sorry for this epic post ;)

Is it in focus or out focus you require? If it's in focus you could try lowering the primary mirror a little, if it's out focus try raising it or try an extension tube.

It's out focus that it needs. I have thought about extension tubes, I would just be unsure if they would sell an eyepiece with a scope that couldn't be focussed without them.

Ii have a Tal that use's extension tubes, the literature that use's states achieved mags with tube & barlow. The 150P states mags for the 10mm and no barlow etc at 75x this must therefore be able to be focussed :)

will check the focus travel and mirrors though ;)

Re: focussing issues !

Hehe , glad to be of assistAnce , how are the skies looking for tonight down your way ?? Cheers

At the moment awful!!!! Looks like it'll be a wet one here. what's it got instore for you ? any better?.

When it has been clear recently it's been windy or really bad with dew :)

Thanks again.

King-jaffe

Archived