NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

posting images

Hi,

im trying to post an image effort on the 'processing tips/teqniques forum but im stuck.

They are both TIFFS and are quite large! if i resize them in Irfanview they turn to JPEGS so forget that. Ive figured out how to resize in GIMP but wont resizing these TIFFS take detail away? im looking for people to have a go at processing it so I can see what can be done with it but wont that be spoiled by the resizing?

Also the image is 3200x2133 what kind of size will it need to be to put on the forum?

thanks

andy

Thanks for the help!

Host it elsewhere? Im getting lost, do you mean like flickr? Im not a technophobe, I like it..I just dont understand it.

I can resize it and make it a JPEG but wont that defy the point, If someone is to spend their time messing with my image wont they need all the data? surely processing a jpeg wont yield the same result as it would with the TIFF? am I right in thinking we use TIFFS because they retain all the data and can be processed better??

andy

eta: testing link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69345617@N04/6305453109/in/photostream

eta2: sorted, thanks!

post it on a free image hosting web site. I use the google one myself along with photobucket.

Upload your full sized tif to there.

You can then generate a link to that photo in the site and then you just paste that link onto your thread.

When folks click on the link it will take them to your photo on the web site.

Archived