NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

skymax help needed

I have a skywatcher skymax 127 mk az goto

I have just bought the meade autofocuser

I have also ordered a skymax sct adapter ring to allow me to fit it

I am working away from home this week and am scopless

I need to know the diameter of the hole at the back of the scope to make sure the shop send me the correct one as apparently they have changed dimensions

Is anybody able to advise of the size of the hole so I can have the correct adapter waiting for me at the weekend to enjoy the newest toy to the collection?

thanks in advance

it is meant to be either 1 and a half or 2 inches. It is the bit that screws off but is where the diagonal fits in. It would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to view jupiter at higher magnifications but the shake I get is crazy when I touch the scope and I will be really happy to have the electric auto focuser running as I will not need to touch the scope at all when viewing. Greatly appreciated for any advice as I am desperate to get out this weekend. It seems like every morning I set off to site for work the sky is clear and full of stars I want to look at (orion in aprticular hanging over my front door in full glory) but every evening sees the cloud come in and ruin what would be a great night. I guess that is the curse of this hobby though

Archived