NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Europa transit

Astro Imp

Just come in from watching Europa transit Jupiter. Unfortunately I missed the start but picked it up just over half way through. The seeing wasn't great, lot of damp in the air, so only picked up the actual transit on a couple of occasions but was pleased to see the little moon pop into full view as it left the disc.

This may not be a big deal for a lot of you but this was the first transit I had witnessed and really enjoyed watching.

First transit I ever saw was venus going over the sun, using binocs and a screen to project onto. It was several years ago now and I still remember how amazing it was - come to think of it, it's the only one I've seen lol. :D

First transit I ever saw was venus going over the sun, using binocs and a screen to project onto. It was several years ago now and I still remember how amazing it was - come to think of it, it's the only one I've seen lol. :D

There's another transit of Venus next June and that't the lot for about 120 years, so if we miss that one it's not likely we'll see the next one :)

There's another transit of Venus next June and that't the lot for about 120 years, so if we miss that one it's not likely we'll see the next one :D

Well I watched (part of) it last time, but you KNOW what the 2nd rule of amateur astronomy states, don't you:

if there's some important once-in-a-lifetime "don't miss this" event on, it'll be cloudy.

I missed the Europa transit though - by an hour ! :icon_salut:

Archived