Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

error code on my SYNSCAN controller

"got it plugged into the mains so has enough power"

Hi Amy - do you mean it's plugged in via a transformer? If so which one do you have? I've found a regulated power supply is by far the best option - but some scopes are very sensitive to voltage - and often a battery pack or leisure battery give least problems. Are you sure the handset is plugged in correctly - sometimes a dodgey connector or lead will produce this type of error message. :D

I never found the supplied battery pack lasted long enough for a good session. This is more the kind of thing I had in mind:

HeavyDuty 5in1 Jump Starter Free Delivery : InCar Battery Chargers and Compressors : Maplin

You can get them cheaper or more expensive but if you time it right these are often on offer at around £30-£35 :D

(I also have your adaptor - yes they should be fine - the problem might be in the lead/jack plug)

That message means that the power is fine, but the hand controller can't "see" the mount head; either the mount cable is not seated well on the mount end, or into the hand controller end, or you are applying the power to the socket on the hand controller instead of the power port on the mount head. The power port on the hand controller is only used for powering the hand controller away from the mount, to check menus or upgrade the firmware.

Power seems OK, but the hand controller can't connect with the mount head.

Good Luck!

Archived