Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CdC and EQMod - Overshoot

malc-c

Strange thing happened today. I grabbed a couple of hours before the clouds rolled in, and as I had previously re-meshed the HEQ5 motors cleared all previous points in EQMOD.

Normally when you right click on a target in CdC and select slew the circles representing the scope position track to it and then centre over the target. You then check the position at the eyepiece and use the handset / gamepad to centre the star in the eyepiece, and will find that the circles in CdC have moved off the target, but are corrected when you right click on the target and select sync.

Only tonight I would click on a target star (vega) - select slew and the circles would track past the object, stopping around or just past Steph1 - and yes the scope had also overshot the target.

Any ideas - this happened on every subsequent target too. All other settings in CdC remained unchanged - date and time were OK.

Archived