Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR Shutter... mirror lockup

Hi,

I have the canon 450d for astrophotography, and when i use it for timed exposures, the EOS utility will not allow me to use mirror lockup.

I understand DSLR Shutter does allow mirror lockup, but would i need to purchase the DSUSB interface to make it work. Would i also be better advsied to use DSLR Focus instead ,as this would download the images to my computer.

Does anyone also have the experience of not activating mirror lockup. Does the action of the shutter produce blur in the final images.

I have c9.25 for imaging

Thanks

Philip

If your 450D is like my 400D then anything over 30s requires a serial shutter release via the small jack socket. There are DIY versions on the net, as well as commercial versions that do this but you still need the USB to transfer data to the PC.

I've not experienced any blured images when exposing this way

i use nebulosity 2 for my 450d, although it does not habe the option to lock the mirror i have not seen any blurred images. I don't think you need to make a serial cable for that camera since it has an option yo function the camera via its usb cable

I use Canon Utility and a 450D so don't have mirror lock on usually. I don't feel it is causing a problem on long exposures.

The only time I use mirror lock is for the moon when I use a cable release instead, I was definitely getting a bit of blur due to camera shake with short exposures of the moon.

Does anyone also have the experience of not activating mirror lockup. Does the action of the shutter produce blur in the final images.

I have c9.25 for imaging

Archived