Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Well, that's the most impressive one o them I ever saw!

SteelRat

Meteor? Space debris? :D

Whatever it was; it went on and on and on :shock: At 00.30 very approx (forgot to check the exact time - doh) heading east / south-east. I could see Arcturus(Bootes) and Vega(Lyra) and it looked to cut from high in the sky down to where Corona B should be; between where I thought the rest of Bootes and Hercules were. Orange/yellow, VERY visible through the clouds. Long LONG trail. Seemed to be moving quite slow and the whole thing lasted about 4 seconds easily. Just when I thought it'd end, it seemed to flair again. Didn't hear any 'crackle' or 'fizz' but there was a lorry or something thundering along the bypass at the time.

Anyone else out there (tryin to peer at stuff through gaps in the clouds) see this too?

'Not gonna beat that tonight' me thought, and packed up bout half hour or so later.

Archived