Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Takahashi UWA eyepieces

John

I'm sure they're quite impressive, but I'm just not sure how well this will go at those prices, considering each is way more expensive than an Ethos in a similar range. Meaning for less money you get a premium eyepiece of a same/similar focal length that has greater AFOV (I'm assuming anyone considering this is going for wide fields), is sharp to the edge, contrasty, works great with fast scopes, all those good things :) I can see good 90degree AFOV ep's filling a market segment pretty well if their price was a bit lower than an Ethos. Maybe I'm just missing something.. or maybe it's just the yen to USD thing.

No doubt they are good. They are listed at 820 Euro here (for that money I can buy the Delos 10 AND Nagler 31 mm), and only have 12 mm eye relief. I though the 15mm eye relief of the Ethos range was borderline for people with glasses (as experience with the 14mm UWA shows), 12mm is really uncomfortable. I cannot see these do really well, what with the likes of Ethos, Delos, and Pentax XW (or even the Nagler T4) series offering better eye relief and/or similar or better FOV for much less money.

Archived