SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light with 925

space3

packed all the gear in the car and hit for observing site, when I arrived got out of the car and the whole sky was clouded over :)

so I waited for a while as it rained, and rained, and rained, :evil6:

so hit for home, while on the way I looked out and seen the plough, really bright and clear so I pulled into a layby, and sure enough the sky was starting to clear, will I or wont I :)

yes I did, got all up and running and new by the cloudes I might only have a few minutes so hit for jupiter, I am really impressed with the scope, seeing was fair and their was a breeze blowing,

so wasnt ideal night, but I still got lovely views of jupiter, cloud belts showed up nicely, I tried a few different EPs, 9mm plossl and 9mm TV nagler, 15mm plossl and 16mm TV nagler,

I felt the 9mm was pushing it as the conditions could have been better, but the 16mm was what I preffered using tonight,

I also preffered the TV 16mm than the plossl, not just because the wider field but I felt it gave a better image,

I didnt go any higher power as I felt it would have been pointless,

then a car pulls in and a couple came over to see what going on, and they were blown away by jupiter, so after a quick chat I turned the scope on the moon but I only got a quick glimps because the clouds returned and they were hare to stay,

comparing to my old 6" SCT, the 925 make a nice difference,

in conlusion, im chuffed lol :D

also, dew is going to be a problem, the scope was cooled and it was up for about an hour and I could see the dew was about to attack, ill have to look into a heater system.

Nice report. I did away with my Plossls to replace them by a mix of Naglers, Radians, a TMB Paragon and a Meade UWA. They really outperform the Plossls as you say, and not just in FOV, but (even in an F/10 scope) in image quality. It is also nice you can take these SCTs to dark sites easily.

Have fun and clear skies!

it was great to get a chance to use the scope lastnight, but tonight doesnt look good at all, I duno how many times ive hauled the gear to the car and drove to my site, and when I get their the clouds always roll in, :)

but with winter taking hold it can only get better :)

Archived