Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My humble little refractor

iceblaze

Hello Guys,

I was out looking at sun spots today, and realized that I should take a picture of my newbie setup. Here it is, my first little telescope: a 90mm Skyscout 90mm achromatic refractor. I absolutely love the little guy, and although I do know there are much better optics out there; This scope opened me up to a whole new world, and I can't wait to purchase my next OTA: 203mm f/4.9 Reflector Tube - Crayford-Style Focuser | Orion Telescopes :D

Specs:

GSO 2" Crayford style dual speed focuser

William Optics 1.25" dilectric focuser

Zhummel & Celestron eyepieces

Manual Celestron CG-5 mount

Do you think I've outgrown her yet? ;)

-James

post-29648-133877678341_thumb.jpg

post-29648-133877678347_thumb.jpg

post-29648-133877678353_thumb.jpg

You probably never will outgrow it.

Willing to bet that even when you get the Orion you will use the 90 as much. A scope that size is simply too easy to take outside and start to look through in a matter of minutes.

You ought to read the CN forum, there are many that regret selling their 80mm for something bigger. They realise that a smallish scope fits quite a lot of the viewing that the majority of people actually do.

Consider that the 90mm will show that great majority of messiers (posibly all) and a lot of the double stars. So what in real terms is missing?

Thanks guys,

The Skyscout is now a solar viewer/backup scope for guests. I have purchased a new OTA, which I am excited to post on here shortly! :)

Btw, I realized I'm not a reflector guy at all.. So I passed on the Orion tube I mentioned early on in this thread.

-James

Archived