Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finding a transportable scope

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Heritage 130 suits your needs then go for that instead, especially if you don't need to get it shipped overseas.

Yeah, it looks great, but the real problem then is the missing tripod/mount. Will I have to sit down on the ground to observe? Since I Probably won't be bringing a table, it will end like that. Then maybe I'd rather have something a little worse in aperture, but much better at using, so to say.

Hi

I've had a look at the Bresser model above but can see a potential problem - the weight. Being an EQ mount the tripod, mount and counterweight will possibly be more difficult to transport on a bike that it first looks.

I have found this scope as an alternative. If you just want visual observing then the AZ mount won't be a problem and no counterweight means a lighter and more transportable setup. The scope design is the same so would show you the same objects as the Bresser.

Celestron Telescope AC 90/1000 Astromaster AZ

HTH!

Yeah, it looks great, but the real problem then is the missing tripod/mount. Will I have to sit down on the ground to observe? Since I Probably won't be bringing a table, it will end like that. Then maybe I'd rather have something a little worse in aperture, but much better at using, so to say.

A standard sized camping chair will be fine for observing with the Heritage.

Archived