NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS help with comet processing

Hi mates,

I have never used the Deep Sky Stacker program for stacking or processing my astro images. However, last weekend I took approx. 85 short exposures of Comet Garradd. I have stacked the images with MaxIm and get a fairly nice pic showing the comet streak against the star field over the one hour or so duration. I would like to try stacking these exposures using the Comet feature of DSS. But, I need someone to guide me through the steps for this. I can stack the images fine. But, I never get to the comet option in the software.

I would like to try the third option of freezing both the comet and star field. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Doug

Hi,

Load up all your "picture files" into DSS.

Tick those you want to stack.

Click the comet icon (third one down) on the right side of the main picture screen.

Mark the position of the comet on each picture. A green box will be around the comet which will go to a purple circle when clicked.

With all the comets marked on all the files, there will be a new comet tab in the "stacking parameters" options box.

Hope that helps.

Freddie

Archived