NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 (First Guided Attempt)

astromerlin

There's not been alot of chances to get out imaging lately but I managed to get a few subs of M31 after getting to grips with guiding my ol black EQ6.

There was about 40 odd subs here at 80 secs, I used an LX modded Spc900 fitted in a 50mm finderscope and guided with a vesta webcam through a 135mm lens.

I've realised I could have done with twice as much data but at least it helps me start to learn the processing curve with DSO's.

The thing I was most chuffed to bits with was a full nights imaging without any hardware or software problems.

post-15833-133877675011_thumb.jpg

Yeh, I must admit that I've done nothing to enhance the color it's as it comes from being stacked, The one thing I do before imaging is to click the "restore" to factory settings in the webcam driver and that seems to help the balance. I seem to get alot of stars with blue halos round them (CA) I've tried to process them out but I'm wondering if a minus violet filter would help.

Archived