Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Has anybody here seen elenin........

mjpfc

:) 05:00 on 7th Oct - Out at Sandown IOW on the wind-swept beach with my 10 x 50s and 8cm refractor.

I fought for an hour against the glow from anchored vessels and ferries from france, the horizon hugging clouds off towards sussex and the pre-sun haze that made mosT objects appear to have a slight halo around them by 05:50 but no luck spotting C/2010 X1 This time.

I did though get some good views of Jupiter and family, Mars and M44, M42/43 and M41 so I had something to ponder as I Blew my nose and eased the wind-blown sand from my Binos back indoors (1st time I have felt cold for months).

Has anyone seen Elenin yet ? Is it the Mag 5 that has been predicted?

The forecast for overnight is for clear skies (sort of) so I will be out in the cold tomorrow morning (8th)adding to my seasonal snuffles.

Clear skies, Mick IOW.

Much aprreciated Luke, thats probably why I had not much luck then. I may have caught a faint sight of 45p Honda....... but really it could have been simply a faint star as their was some slight haze around by then.

Instead of going up early and getting up, I will concentrate on getting some obs done this evening whilst its definately clear.

Clear skies

Mick

Archived