Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

250PX Dobsonian arrived!

Hi, my Skywatcher 250ps Dobsoinan arrived yesterday courtesy of F.L.O. Two boxes arrived – one containing thr scope was HUGE. The other containing the mount was about the size you’d get a flat pack bedside cabinet in. The tube was double boxed with plenty of polystyrene protection and was in mint condition on arrival. The box contained all of the accessories and tools needed to set things up

The mount was simple to assemble and took around 20mins though I do have plenty of self assembly furniture building experience. It was only when the tube was fixed to the mount that I realised how huge this thing is. Weight wise – its pretty heavy and I think that I’ll probably move it outside in two – more easily manageable pieces

Collimation was pretty much spot on so cant wait to get out if and when the skies clear...Neil

Archived