Need some help pls

Hello guys, i have a konig kn scope 40 telescope focal lenght 700 mm and aperture 60 mm , just bought it it came with a 3x barlow lens a viewfinder and three eyepieces a 20mm a 12.5 mm and a 4 mm ,no basicaly i have tried looking at the moon or at jupiter from my garden wich is not the perfect place i must say becouse there is some light polution from the street,,but the problem is that i get images and i dont really know what i am doing wrong,,basicaly at the moon i point the scope with no eyepieces in order to point it and i see it pretty big and shining then i put in the 20mm eypiece and it is thre very shini and not so much detailed,,i tryed turning the focus *** al the way in order to find some sharper image but it looked to me like the image just zoomed and blured,,same for jupiter i find it i position the scope and without any eyepieces i ook and i think i get some images that are not so blury and i see 2 strips from jupiter but al in black an white no colour,,when i put the 20mm its like all zomed in the planet and not so sharp and i dont realy get what i am loking at anymore,,im a totall newby i think and ssurely i mut be doing something wrong..

pls pls anyone can you give me some advice or tell me anything i am doing wrong..

thank you in advnce cuz this has been eally frustrating for the passt 3 days

If it were myself, I would forget 4mm eyepiece, just use the 20mm, 12.5 mm and try the 20mm with the barlow, this will give -

20mm - 35x

12.5mm - 56x

20mm with 3x barlow - 105x

You can see a lot with that range of magnifications.

Seems like you are getting some detail on Jupiter if you can see the two main cloud belts. The four main moons of Jupiter should be easily visible if you can see the cloud belts. Try focusing very carefully, many of the more basic mounts are a bit wobbly and as you focus it makes the view jiggle around, so it's not easy to judge when you are at exact focus, if you are slightly off focus, the view will be blurry. Perhaps just alter the focus by small amounts, then let then let go of the focuser and allow the image settle down. If you can see Jupiter's cloud belts, then our own moon should be full of detail.

You could check the mount for loose bolts etc, that can reduce the amount of wobble when in use.

Please come back for more if you need to.

Regards, Ed.

Good advice from Ed. I would also try and focus on a distant land based object. You will get some idea then of how much rotation of the focusser is needed to achieve a steady image.

You will probably find that only small adjustments are needed.

Cheers

ok well if you are trying to use zoom then i think that is where the problem lies !! ok i dont think your scope has a zoom , the wheel you will be turning is the focuser , have you the diagonal in place ? try the scope during the day ,use the 20mm eyepiece , focus on a distant object , pylon church spire ect , then line up the small finder scope ,with the main scope , then you ready to go at night , find a target , ie jupiter or the moon , then as the above post suggests just turn the focuser a little at a time in or out till you focus (there is no zoom!! ) when the object is a sharp picture ,bingo !! you got it !! , if you want more magnification try the 12mm eyepiece , go through the turning of the focuser wheel routine till the object is sharp and clear . hope we can help :)

ps i dont get the " find the planet without any eyepiece" bit

???

If I am right you have the 60mm Konig refractor 700mm fl, by pointing at the target with no eye pieces, I assume you are looking straight through the tube assembly, you then insert an eye piece and it won`t focus, the picture I looked at shows your scope fitted with a diagonal, if this did not come with the scope, then there is your problem, as you will not reach focus without one, sorry if I am on the wrong track.

Archived