NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter-Second Attempt

Stargazer Jack

Hi, I was out again last night imaging Jupiter. I managed to get the motor working well last night as I had polar aligned good and positioned the scope well. I used my 2X Barlow as well last night because I had the motor working. Pinpoint focus was hard to achieve as my telescope highest mag is about 260X and I went over that quite a bit and also my focuser isn't the best. Any advice appreciated :)

Capture 01_10_2011 21_45_22-Finished.bmp

I think you need to record with a touch more exposure, that'll give you something more to work with in the wavelets after stacking.Getting focus is hard, try looking for one of the neaby moons - I was fortunate on friday that Io was right next to Jupiter and gave me an easy focus point - I still haven't got it perfect yet though :)

Hello Stargzer Jack, I have tried many different ways of imaging Jupiter and its all about trial and error really, at least once you have it tracking you can go back to your PC and play with a few settings. It seems you need a little more exposure but be careful to much and you lose detail. I use the SPC900 myself its a great little cam, ive attatched a few photos showing what is achievable with this. Im new to this to and under high magnification its so hard to get optimal focus.......one day!

post-24251-133877670676_thumb.jpg

Archived