Quickie 1st Oct

PeterW

First go for a while, got some new filters to test out... work really well. Showed my 4yr old the sun and a few others too.... "we were always told not to look at the sun...!!"

Anyhow one H-alpha and a whitelight of the sunspots that are throwing all those flares out, seems like I missed a few this morning. Must remember to stay on the shade, it was hot today, especially after staying out in the sun for a while!

PEterW

post-13305-133877670195_thumb.jpg

post-13305-133877670202_thumb.jpg

Cracking!

That pair of prominences at about 5 O'Clock were really nice to look at today. Did you also see the long straight one on the opposite side? It was really faint but very tall.

I could spend all day looking through the PST, if it wasn't for the fact the sun sets at 4pm!

The proms in the image were a bonus, there were no interesting proms so I didn't bother grabbing any longer exposure data. Yep, just sitting there looking at the screen was great, though things get hot when they spend too long in the sun!

PEterW

Archived