Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

some sketches from 30/09/11

4lefts

last night at the nlo was really good - really nice clear skies, lost of people there too. here's some drawings i made - only the second time i've done any sketching, it was easier than the first time. you definitely get better at plotting the star fields with a little practice. i still forgot to mark the compass points. one day i'll remember. obviously i haven't plotted all the stars in the ep for the m31 - i'd still be there now if i'd tried that.

i'm not happy with the jupiter one. i need to come up with a better way to draw it - because my dob doesn't track, i find it hard to spend the kind of time that people who produce really detailed jupiter images do. so i kept it small and put in the bands and big details i could could see, but it turned out to be too small to represent things properly. obviously the grs isn't really that big... to be continued...

cheers

stephen

post-23570-133877670131_thumb.jpg

post-23570-133877670136_thumb.jpg

post-23570-133877670142_thumb.jpg

Those are fabulous Stephen. I love your M31. You've framed that beautifully with the satellite galaxies. Good choice of EP to get all that in the frame. The subtle detail you're picking up too is great.

With Jupiter I use the Jupiter sketch template from the SPA. That way you've got a pre-formed disc to work with :)

thanks. it makes so much difference having a nice place to observe and draw from.

the ep for m31 was the sw 38mm panaview. i love that thing - cheap as chips (relatively), and with an eye lens the size of a tennis ball. my most used piece i think.

Archived