NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New images with the SBC2000

steelfixer

Hi all.

I had an incredable night last night.

I fitted the new adapter and IR filter then took this image of Jupiter.

For some reason the new Bader filter will not allow colour images.

2000 frames processed through Registak 5.

I then removed the filter and took the following photos of :-

The 7 sisters (or more to the point one of them, must get a focal reducer) and Mitzar.

I want to try some RAW data imaging next if I can get my head around the 'darks' 'lights' 'flats' parts of it.

I also took some images of M45 but I have not had a chance to process these yet.

Overall I took some where in the region of 100,000 frames last night and the SBC 2000 performed brilliantly.

If anyone can tell me how to get this camera to shoot in colour I would be greatful.

Thanks

Graham

post-26845-133877669133_thumb.jpg

post-26845-133877669137_thumb.jpg

post-26845-133877669141_thumb.jpg

Hi there

Yes I had selected colour.

Set the white balance to manual and used the colour balance I had set up during daylight.

It registered in Registak as a colour avi but came out black and white.

For this image I also used the digital zoom in the specials tab set at 3.0.

I will have to try it in RAW mode to see if that helps.

It might be that this Bader filter is too much for it.

thanks

graham

wow i would have thought that pics from these cams would be better do not take offense but if that's 2000 frames stacked man i would throw it in the bin my 10 quid web cam stacks 200 frames better is there any more,stacked pics here on sgl?

No offence taken Todd.

To be fair my SPC 900 takes far better images as well but it is early days with this one yet.

Besides I did not get this for planatary imaging I got it for DSO work.

All I need to do is get my head around DSS and then we can rearly see what it will do.

Graham

one thing to remember todd, these are mainly for "visually assisted obverving"

i havent used mine in anger yet i'll be honest havent had a chance, but when i do if i can get any pics like that with out having to hurt my back i'll be happy :)

Hi

I have not had a go at Jupiter with the SDC435 yet - it's probably worth remembering that for planetary imaging the key is to take lots of frames and select only the best.

I think that some of the in camera processing may be having a detrimental effect here - try turning the AGC off and the noise reduction off and using manual exposure.

As Gareth said, these cameras really shine at DSO viewing, webcams are very good at planetary imaging.

You will also be fighting the capture quality as we do not have a direct USB connection.

Hope this helps

Paul

Archived