NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barlow Advice

I have on order a Philips Pre flashed SPC880 so I can begin the witchcraft that is astrophotography! From the information I have read it would appear that a 2x barlow is advisable. My current scope is in my sig but I do plan to upgrade to a SW 200 - 300 PDS on a NEQ6 mount in the not too distant future. Could someone give me some advice on which Barlow would be suitable as there seems a huge range of choice across a range of prices. I realise that the very cheap ones are not likely to be much cop but I'm also not wanting to spend a lot of money. Any input would be much appreciated.

The aim is to get an f ratio of between F20 and F32 from memory so I think you plan your barlow based on that. For example with my f5 scope id need a 4x just to get it to f20. At least thats how I understand it. As for suggesting which brand to go for I cant help sorry.

Archived