SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Secondary mount for WO FLT 110 triplet

marineBLU28

Hi

I would really appreciate some suggestions for a secondary mount for my WO mentioned above. at the moment it's on an Eq6 mount which is permanently situated in my SkyShed but this mount is far to heavy for me to move regulary on my own so what I'm looking for is a mount that I could use that would be easy (weight wise) for me to set up if for example I wanted to take the scope to a dark site I would probably still like goto. I used to have a Vixen 'Super Polaris' many moons ago for my Vixen SP 102mm and could manage that one nae bother! I realise the WO is probably heavier OTA being a triplet so obviously the mount would have to be able to cope with that.

Cheers!

I use an iOptron Mini Tower as the goto mount for my APM 105/650, which I believe is a slightly heavier scope than the FLT110 so it should work fine. The Mini Tower has its quirks, but the GPS goto is spot on, doesn't need polar alignment and the tripod and mount together are very portable. Obviously you won't get the rock solid stability of the EQ6 but you won't get a hernia either.

Alan

If you can do without goto, I use a giro mount for my astrotech 106mm apo. It is very stable, sets up in seconds and seems to have a very high weight capacity. I either use mine with the 106 and a counter weight, or with my wo66 on the other side as a big finder.

Just another option to consider

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Archived