NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heavan and hell

iantobach

Well, I finally bought a new scope- second hand lx90gps 10 inch- I know , I know should have bought an c8 and heq 5- but saw it as a bargain on ebay together with dsi 2- and went for it.

with the current whether the scope is just superb, cassini , sombrero and whirlpool- all clear and heavenly.

BUT

The DSI 2 looked pretty, the pictures looked pretty- then I tried it out- now the hell.

l1. my trusty 5 year old laptop- has usb 1.1 ports- not 2- it really didn`t want to make friends with the dsi.

not to worry, i`ll buy some leads and use my PC

2. Pc inside. scope outside. no electric focuser. took 1 hr of going inside and out to focus the damn thing- just to get a grainy image. surprisingly did read the manual and watch the on-line tutorial video.

3. Though a focal reducer might help- non at the supplier- FLO helpful, as were green witch- but will have to wait a month.

4. should have bought a DSLR

but

back to heaven- took impressive pics with the wife's camera, and the whether is forecast great for tonight and tomorrow- double clusters here we come!

It's all trial and tribulation this hobby. Lots of problems around, but when things go well, then that's when we realize how great it is.

So keep plugging away, stickability and fortitude are required for this pastime.

Ron. :D

Archived