NexStar 4SE + Canon 350D

Hi everyone, ;)

I've had my 4SE since the summer and am keen on learning astrophotography , i've bought the necessary T Ring and T adapter to attach my 350D to the telescope.

A shutter release cable was supplied with the telescope but I am in need of a firing cable for the 350D that will link the shutter release cable to the camera body.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks for your help,

Baz

:p

Just so you know:

An alt/az mount is not good for astrophotography.

The 4SE is a high f number so not good for astrophotography.

A 350D on an SE4 will need rebalancing, will add weight and could therefore overload the motors and gear train.

i use that exact same setup and in some respects ronin's logic is correct you have to adjust the scope to balance it out,the other replys are also correct,but i have had some success photographing jupiters moons,but as others had said the phillips webcam is the way to go.

this video i shot was for someone else on youtube wanting to know the exact same thing you are asking..

Setup for astrophotography using Celestron nexstar 4SE. - YouTube

Ok thanks for that hemihaggis, I appreciate I probably have'nt got the best equipment for astrophotography but i'm going to have a go

That's the spirit Baz - make the most of what you've got.:p Yes there are better set ups for astro work bu there's absolutely no harm in having a go with what you've got. I started out with the 6SE doing lunar planetary - very satisfying and moved on to a new scope and mount a few years later to get started properly on deep sky work.

One word of caution though - be careful with the camera mounted that it doesn't foul the base of the mount if you aim near the zenith - there's not much clearance there.

Have fun

Regards

John

Archived