NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My First Mars re-processed

eyepod

Did you get that with your 4SE?! Good stuff! :p

I was just going to ask the same. I've got a 5 but havem't used it yet (awaiting ep's to arrive) and if that is with a 4 I'm well excited. I didn't expect to be able to see mars ok.

I was just going to ask the same. I've got a 5 but havem't used it yet (awaiting ep's to arrive) and if that is with a 4 I'm well excited. I didn't expect to be able to see mars ok.

Hi, Yes its with the 4SE. You won't be able to see this at the eyepiece though just a salmon pink disc as its so far away at the moment. this was 2000 frames and stacked about 1200 using 2x and a 2.5 x barlows together. its quite a surprise after imaging jupiter just how small mars is... best of luck with your 5se :p

I'm impressed you got it on screen using the 2x and 2.5x barlows combined. I struggled to get Jupiter with the C11 and a 2x barlow to the point where I reverted to just using the SPC900 straight into the holder without a barlow.

I'll admit it takes a bit of time. The method i use is this:

Center the object, ie jupiter in the eyepiece using a mid magnification eyepiece and barlow attached, then when you have it dead centre replace just the eyepiece with your spc900, you should find a out of focus blob on the computer ( make sure you have the gain turned right up ). It will need at bit of focus adjustment , mine is about 1/4 to 1/2 turn to get the image focussed then back off on the gain control before you start to image. You should be able to get some amazing shots with your C11 :p

I usually find it helps if I 'wiggle' the camera/barlow combination in the ep hole before I tighten it. I can then see where the object is in relation to the screen, and if it disappears as I tighten everything I know which edge it has gone off and can adjust the position accordingly.

Archived